- City Clerk
Gregory Newman was appointed as City Clerk in November 1999. Prior to serving the City of Grand Ledge, he worked as a Deputy Clerk in Williamston, Michigan. Mr. Newman received a liberal arts education at Lansing Community College and Spring Arbor University.
The City Clerk:
- Conducts Federal, State, County, and City elections
- Serves as the official custodian of the City Seal and all City Records, documents, and laws
- Administers oaths of office
- Registers voters
- Oversees the codification of ordinances
- Maintains a comprehensive record retention program for all City documents
- Certifies ordinances, resolutions, contracts, agreements, and other documents requiring the City Seal
- Ensures the public is notified of all meetings and public hearings of the City Council and all other City boards and commissions
- Administers the permits, deeds, certificates, and other documents associated with the operation of the Oakwood Cemetery
- Responds to requests from the public for information through the Freedom of Information Act
To verify your voter registration information, track the status of your absentee ballot, or view your sample ballot for the upcoming election, visit the Michigan Voter Information Center.
Learn more about becoming an Election Officer/Precinct Inspector.
Freedom of Information Act
- Freedom of Information Act Public Summary, Procedures, and Guidelines (PDF)
- Freedom of Information Act Request Form (PDF)
- Online Freedom of Information Act Request Form - Complete and Submit Online