- Police Department
- Employment Information
The Grand Ledge Police Department accepts Employment Applications (PDF) with resumes for full- and part-time Police Officer on a continual basis. Applicants must have the equivalent of an associates degree and have completed training at an accredited police academy or be currently enrolled in an academy.
Qualified candidates are invited for an oral board followed by a supervisory review before recommendations are made to the chief of police. An extensive background exam for potential hires is then completed.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Grand Ledge Police Department is an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, religion, sexual orientation, or national origin.
- The position of Police Officer is a full-time, sworn position with a competitive benefits package.
- (Part Time not currently available) The position of Part-Time Police Officer is a sworn position, carrying all the duties and responsibilities of a regular full-time officer but is less than 29.5 hours per week with hourly wages only.
- Become MCOLES Certified
- Non MCOLES Certified applicants may qualify for salary and academy cost while attending the police academy through the Michigan's Public Safety Academy Assistance Grant
- Attend or will attend a Police Academy
- Associates degree upon graduation
- Complete an interview process
- Pass thorough background investigation
$5,000 Signing Bonus
- Get paid for experience! Lateral transfer pay is commensurate with experience.
- Community Support
- Physical Fitness Incentives
- Narcotics Team Participation
- MERS Retirement Pension
- 457 Plan Available
- Health and Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, Holiday Pay
- 10-Hour Shifts
- Exercise/Workout Room
- School Resource Officer, K9 Unit, Bike Patrol
- All Equipment Provided
- Boot Allowance
- Family Friendly Community
Interested applicants should send the following information, along with any questions to ApplyGLPD@police.grand-ledge.com.
- Letter of Intent
- GL Application