Effective July 6, 2021: City Hall is open to the public. City Staff is available during normal business hours to continue all City Services. We encourage residents to continue utilizing the drive-up/walk-up drop box located on Greenwood Street, or the walk-up service window located just outside the entrance to City Hall, Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM.
The City of Grand Ledge is taking a number of precautionary mitigation strategy measures to deter the spread of COVID-19. Please be advised of the following temporary measures:
- We encourage residents and businesses to utilize mail, drive-up drop-box, and walk-up window at City Hall for payments, permits, applications, and any other correspondence. Residents and businesses are encouraged to utilize online options through our website.
City Hall facility rental is available.
- Permits may be applied for by using the drop box, walk-up service window, or by visiting the lobby. Permits are also accepted via mail or by emailing permits to the Building Department (please note your permit will not be issued until payment is received).
- Trades permit may also be pulled online via our permit search tool.
- Please continue to use our designated inspection line: 517-277-0700.
- Permit applications and additional information can be found on the Building Department page.
- All parks and city amenities are open at this time, visit our Parks page to learn more.
- Per Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations, please maintain 6-foot social distancing measures when utilizing parks, trails, and sidewalks.
- Rental of City Parks/Amenities is permitted. To access the Standard Rental Application for Parks Facilities and check availability, visit our Park and Facility Rental page.
- Playgrounds and recreation structures at parks remain un-sanitized (PNG); please use at your own risk (sound garden, railings, benches, picnic tables, grills, dock, steps, etc.).
- The Recycling & Compost Centers are open Wednesdays, 3 pm to 7 pm, and Saturdays, 8 am to 4 pm. For information on how to purchase the required annual vehicle pass to enter the Compost Center, please visit the Compost Center Guidelines page.
- Effective July 6, 2021, the Police Department lobby is open to the public during normal business hours of Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm, and may be reached by phone for non-emergency police assistance at 517-627-2115. For emergencies, please call 911.
- Parking tickets, parking permits, and other Police Department payments can be made via mail, dropbox, or in person.
- Curfew Reminder (JPG): Minors under the age of 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult over 21 years between the hours of 10 pm to 6 am.
- Utility payments will be accepted by drive-up drop box (located on Greenwood Street), at the new walk-up window (PNG), in the mail, through online payments or auto-pay, and over the phone using a credit card. Residents may also pay in person.
- Residents should only flush toilet paper. No other items should be flushed at any time. View the "No Wipes in Pipes" Notice (PNG).