- Downtown Development Authority
- Infill Development
215 S. BRIDGE STREET
- Jaycee Park: 3 Minutes
- City Hall: 7 Minutes
- Dining: 1-10 Minutes
- Schools: 13 Minutes
- Lansing: 12 Miles
- Grand Rapids: 57 Miles
- Ann Arbor: 76 Miles
- Lake Michigan: 90 Miles
DAILY AVERAGE VEHICLE COUNTS (MDOT)
- M100 (E. Jefferson/N. Clinton): 9,137
- M43 (Saginaw Hwy.): 8,944
- Water, Sanitary Sewer, Storm Sewer: City of Grand Ledge
- Natural Gas and Electric: Consumers Energy
- Internet: Comcast, Metronet
- Central Business District (CBD)
- 50' Building Height Allowance (53' total with 3' parapet wall)
- Flat Roof Requirement
- Architectural Design Standards (City Code Sec. 46-21)
Adam R. SmithCity Manager / Municipal ExecutivePhone: 517-627-2149
The City of Grand Ledge Downtown Development Authority (DDA) is seeking partnership with a collaborative developer for the infill of the downtown parcel at 215 S. Bridge St., also known as Bridge Street Plaza. The DDA established obtaining a Public/Private Partnership for Infill Development of Bridge Street Plaza as a priority for 2022-2023. The DDA acquired three adjacent parcels of land over the years in order to make this development opportunity a reality.
Bridge Street Plaza is a 0.26-acre parcel located in the heart of downtown Grand Ledge. Adjacent to restaurants, retail, the library, post office, and numerous riverside parks; it is an exciting location for future development.
- Property offered at no cost to developer subject to Development Agreement
- The DDA intends to provide adequate utilities to the property boundary at no cost to the developer, subject to Development Agreement.
- Phase I & II Environmental, title work, and survey complete and available
- Development Agreement and Performance Bond to be required.
- Minimum private development financial commitment of $3,000,000
- Developer is required to provide a plan which evidences that there will be adequate parking for the project.
- Anticipated timeline: 12 months allowance for design, engineering, site plan approval, and permits followed by 24 months for construction completion
Preferred Development Scenario
The City of Grand Ledge is looking for a mixed-used development project intended to blend commercial space with residential living. Bridge Street Plaza is in a distinct area containing a unique collection of retail shops, activities, restaurants, and services that benefit from a synergistic relationship to one another. The project should offer special attention to the area's unique architectural and historical character, with a focus on businesses that can flourish in an environment that is pedestrian-oriented with high traffic volumes.
- Ground floor commercial space is required
- Residential living opportunities
Any interested Developers may submit or inquire to City Hall at this time.
- Letter of Interest // Provide a letter (up to 2 pages) identifying the development team and providing a brief description of the team's vision for the site and timeline.
- Basic Concept Plans or Renderings
- Resume of Firm and Lead Team Members
- Development Experience or Portfolio // Provide a short description of past projects of a similar nature completed by the development team (up to 10 pages). Include a description of the project, cost, completion date, and references.
- Evidence of development team's fiscal capacity to undertake the proposed project.