The City of Grand Ledge will be accepting sealed bids for Tree trimming services. The services will be related to the August 24th windstorm damage.
- The specifications for the Tree Trimming Services are outlined below:
- Contractor to be responsible for setting-up and maintaining traffic control, including signs designating street closure.
- Trim or remove all trees as directed by City staff.
- Remove all brush related to the assigned trees.
- Clean and yard and street from tree debris.
- The project shall be bid on as a per hour contract. Bidders should provide costs per hour for each piece of equipment they are utilizing below:
70’ Minimum Bucket Truck with Operator
50’ Minimum Bucket Truck with Operator
65’ Minimum Crane Truck with Operator
115’ Minimum Crane Truck with Operator
Chipper with Truck and Operator
Minimum: 12” Throat / 125 Horsepower
Skid Steer with Operator
Minimum: 70 Horsepower / 2,000 lb. Lifting Capacity
Compact Skid Steer with Operator
Bobcat MT55 or equivalent
Minimum: 24hp, 550lb load capacity
Loader with Operator
Minimum: 80 Horsepower / 12,600 lb. Operating Weight
Dump Truck with Operator
Minimum: 10 Yard
Dump Trailer with Operator
Minimum: 7’ x 14’
The successful bidder must provide proof of liability insurance in an amount not less than $1,000.000. The certificate of insurance must identify the City of Grand Ledge as an additional insured party and be provided before the start of work.
Questions regarding this work should be directed to David Gutchess, Public Services Superintendent at 517-627-2144.
Bidders should submit a sealed bid marked “Tree Trimming Services” clearly on the envelope by 11:30 AM on Wednesday, September 20, 2023 at which time the bids will be opened and read aloud. Bids must include a price in dollars for each of the requested pay items in the preceding table. The award will be made based on the hourly pricing. All bids should be submitted to the attention of:
Mr. Gregory Newman
Grand Ledge City Hall
310 Greenwood St.
Grand Ledge, MI 48837
The City of Grand Ledge reserves the right to accept any bid, to reject any or all bids, to waive irregularities and/or informalities in any bid, and to make award in any manner deemed in the best interest of the City.