Due to the high temperatures the rest of the week, City Hall, 310 Greenwood Street in Grand Ledge, has opened Community Room B100 as a cooling center for the Grand Ledge community. Please enter through the Greenwood or E. Main St. entrance.
The cooling center will be open until 5:00pm today, June 15 and from 8:00am – 5:00pm through Friday, June 17.
Please pass this information on to neighbors who may be without air conditioning. Questions can be directed to City Hall at (517) 627-2149. For emergencies please call 9-1-1.
In addition, if you or anyone you know are in need of a spot to cool down, please dial 211. A list of cooling locations is available at https://centralmichigan211.org and the process to search for a cooling center is listed below:
1. Select “Find the Help You Need” tab
2. Enter ZIP Code or Enter City
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page to the “Service Keyword” option
4. Type in keywords such as “Warming” or Cooling”
5. A list will be generated by ZIP code or city for agencies/services that provide a warming center/cooling center for residents of the community during extreme temperature related emergencies.