Introduction: The City of Grand Ledge is requesting sealed bid proposals for commercial electrical services with an optional addendum for commercial electrical services specific to Abrams Municipal Airport. The successful Electrician will provide all equipment, material, and labor for electrical services and repairs on City of Grand Ledge owned and managed properties, including City Hall, Public Service Garage, Wastewater Treatment Facilities, and downtown street lighting.
- In addition, for qualified electricians, an addendum is available to provide airport lighting equipment and materials covered by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) specifications for Abrams Municipal Airport, owned and managed by the City of Grand Ledge. Submitting the addendum is optional.
Qualified electricians may choose to respond to either one or both bids. The City may award one or two contracts dependent upon the bid responses. The City of Grand Ledge does not guarantee a minimum value of the contract(s). Companies with demonstrated experience in commercial electrical services with an interest in making their services available to the City of Grand Ledge are invited to respond to the RFP. The submitted proposals will be used as a basis for awarding work.
Project Goal: Provide a source(s) for on-call commercial electrical services for multiple city-owned/managed facilities and projects within the City of Grand Ledge.
- Release RFP Thursday, January 5, 2023
- RFP Due Date Tuesday, February 7, 2023, at 12:00 P.M.
- Tentative Bid Award Monday, February 13, 2023
Submittal of Proposal: Respondents shall submit three (3) paper copies of RFP response in a package that is sealed and clearly labeled “RFP – 2023 Commercial Electrical Services.” Or RFP responses may be emailed as one document saved as a PDF to, with “RFP – 2023 Commercial Electrical Services” in the subject line.
Service & Repair Requirements
- Panel Upgrades and Repair
- Troubleshooting and Testing
- Electrical Installation and Repair
- Downtown Street Lights – Requires a 40’ Lift
- Motor control center
- VFD install and programming
- Airport lighting equipment and materials covered by FAA specifications shall be approved under the Airport Lighting Equipment Certification Program described in Advisory Circular 150/5345-53, current version.