WHO CAN USE THE COMPOST CENTER?
Use of the compost center is open to everyone. An annual pass (good for the calendar year) in the form of a windshield sticker is required for entry. The annual pass is available at Grand Ledge City Hall (cash or check only), passes are no longer being sold on-site at the compost center. Proof of residency is required in the form of a picture ID, along with either a voter ID card, property tax notice/receipt, or City of Grand Ledge water/sewer bill. An applicant may purchase a maximum of two annual passes.
- City of Grand Ledge residents may purchase a compost center annual pass for $35.00
- Non-Residents may purchase a compost center annual pass for $125.00
- NEW! City of Grand Ledge residents may purchase a compost center pass active for a one-week period. Available at City Hall for $20.00
- An attendant is on site at the Compost Center during hours of operation and will oversee disposal of yard waste. All vehicles entering the facility must stop upon entering and display an annual pass to the attendant. The attendant will also check all loads to ensure only acceptable materials are dropped off.
- Yard Waste from commercial haulers and landscape contractors is not allowed.
- Dump trucks and dump trailers are not permitted in the compost center.
- See below for a list of items accepted and not accepted at the compost center.
WHO CAN USE THE RECYCLING CENTER?
The recycling center is open to all patrons and there is no charge to enter. Please be sure that all materials have been cleaned and are sorted appropriately. The chart to the right shows what materials are accepted at the recycling center.
- Did you know? We accept a variety of batteries at the recycling center... PLEASE USE THE GUIDE BELOW FOR RECYCLING BATTERIES SAFELY!