CHECK PERMIT STATUS OR VIEW INSPECTIONS!
The City of Grand Ledge Building Department is serviced through a multi-jurisdictional partnership with Dewitt Township. Building and trades permits can be pulled at Grand Ledge City Hall any time Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm.
SUBMITTING PERMIT APPLICATIONS:
- Email your permit application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail your permit application and/or payment to Building Department 310 Greenwood St. Grand Ledge, MI 48837
- Applications and/or payment can be dropped off at the City Hall front desk, near the north entrance of the building.
- If dropping off an application after hours, please use the drop box at the north entrance of the building.
CLICK HERE FOR THE FISCAL YEAR 2019 FEE SCHEDULE.
- If your permit was issued prior to April 20, 2019, please contact Municipal Inspection Services to schedule an inspection at 517-622-8822 or email@example.com
- If your permit was issued after April 20, 2019, please contact the Dewitt Township at 517-668-0278 to schedule an inspection.
PLEASE NOTE: With rain and snow, some residential and other properties become inundated with water. While the City remains sympathetic to these challenging situations, the City is not legally responsible for water flow from adjoining private property owners. Under Michigan law, a municipality is not obligated to construct drainage infrastructure to confine naturally flowing surface water. It is unlawful, however, for a property owner to interfere with the natural flow of water in a manner that causes artificial diversion, blockage, or concentration onto another property. If you have reason to believe the burden on your property has been increased by such artificial interference, please know that this is a private legal matter for resolution between property owners and their insurers, not an area of liability for the City and its taxpaying residents.
The following permit applications may be filled out online, but must be delivered or mailed to the Building Department:
The City of Grand Ledge enforces the Building, Electrical, Plumbing and Mechanical codes of the State of Michigan. The following are the current codes in effect in the City:
- International Fire Code (2006)
- International Property Maintenance Code (2009)
- Michigan Building Code (2015)
- Michigan Mechanical Code (2015)
- Michigan Plumbing Code (2015)
- Michigan Residential Code (2015)
- Michigan Energy Code (2015)
- Michigan Rehabilitation Code (2015)
- Michigan Electrical Codes Rules Part 8 (Including National Electrical Code 2014)
- Note: Public Acts 54, 192, 217, 290, 733 have been replaced by Public Act 407
The following links are a set of references and specifications for various building requirements in the City of Grand Ledge: